Friday, October 5, 2012

Japanese food ~3~ I love ''Natto''




 
I write about Natto. We often see Natto at the breakfast. Some of you already know about this. Natto is  fermented soybean. You may get surprise to hear Japanese people eat fermented thing. But Natto is famous for the high nutrition.
How to eat Natto
1 you grind the Natto so much
2 you put on the soy sause and mustard
(soy sause of Natto is usually processed little bit sweet. )
3 you add a long green onion(depends on the person. Also you can put on a quail egg or laver)
4 Eat ! (you can put on the rice)
 
Natto is sticky. So I heard that people in the other culture do not like this stuff.
Japanese people like this. Some people eat this putting on pasta. We see ''Natto maki (rolled Natto)'' at the sushi bar.
 
 

4 comments:

Susumu said...

I LOVE NATTO. I am very glad I am able to purchase it here in Arizona. If I were not able to purchase here I would go CRAZY. I usually eat it almost every day and yes Quail egg with it is very good. My usual breakfast is a small portion of rice with grilled mackerel(saba)with spinach fried egg (soft runny yolk) on top of rice and miso and also Matcha-iri genmaicha (抹茶入り玄米茶) My Parents live in Okinawa so okasan always sends me a box every 3 months.

marimari said...

To Susumu

Oh,are you from Okinawa?
Your name may be Japanese.

I like natto.

marimari said...

To hogtownmark

I guess many people like this
healthy food.
You should keep eating!

Thanks for leaving a comment.

xMeimi said...

I wish I would have tried Natto... I never did.
Everyone made it sound like it was awful. . . but I should know that the best thing to do is just to try it. I wonder if I will ever have the opportunity?