Friday, October 19, 2012

Japanese food ~5~ Raamen



 
The day before yesterday, I went to eat Raamen. Raamen is very popular food in Japan.
If you come to Japan, I recommend you try raamen once.
Do you know raamen? Maybe yes. I checked Whikipedia and it says raamen is known in the Europe.
Originally, raamen came from China.
Raamen is consisted of noodle and soup. And there are thousands of variations. Each raamen shop has each taste. And each district has each taste. Each people has each favorite taste.
 
There is a word.
''Raamen ya meguri''
meguri means like ''a tour''
I know some people whose hobby is raamen ya meguri.
 
Raamen mania go to raamen shop even it is very very far from where they live. 
I have heard a ramen enthusiast went to Kyushu district(it is the west area of Japan) from Tokyo.
It is more than 800 km!
And they eat raamen even if they make a line for long time.
 
I ate the Tonkotsu raamen.(see the photo)
Tonkotsu means, the bone of pork. The cooker make the soup base from pork's bone. They would take a lot of hours to make it.  
And you can eat rice. It was free. And also, 17th was service day at that raamen shop. And sui gyoza was free! Sui gyoza is boiled gyoza.(the right dish on the photo)
You can add soy sauce, or onion, garlic, pepper, or sesame. But some Japanese people don't add garlic because it your mouth becomes stink.  
 The price was 800 yen.
= 7.72 Euro
= 10.09 US dollar
= 30.61 ringgit
 
 
 It is little bit oily and salty. It is difficult to explain the taste with words.
I am a little raamen mania.(But I don't go far away just to eat raamen.)
My hobby is raamen ya meguri.
 
I checked this photo and I noticed I did ''watashi bashi''.(See the last column about table manner) ^ ^;


Please give me any opinions and advice.^ ^
Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SeeMyJapan

No comments: