Saturday, October 6, 2012

Japanese Kikubari ~2~ Toilet paper


 
''Kikubari'' means ''taking care of the other person'' in Japanese.
I don't know if what I am going to write from now is individual manner of Japanese culture. I just write this story because I have not seen the same thing in the other country. Your culture may have this kind of manner.
 
Do you see the toilet paper folded like above? In Japan, we sometimes see the toilet paper at the restaurant and hotel. Do you know why is that?
It is because the person does like this so the people use the toilet paper easily. People use the toilet paper easily if the paper are folded more than without it. The users fold like this for the next person if you have time.(If you don't have time, you don't have to do this ^^;)
This is very small thing.  
I think this is individual manner of Japanese culture. Is it true? I am not sure. 

1 comment:

xMeimi said...

Sometimes the toilet paper is like this in hotels.
No one would ever do this in a public place where I am.
I think that I will start doing this :)
I can do it at work.