Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Japanese ''KIKUBARI'' ~ 1 ~

Today, I will write about KIKUBARI.
What is that?
If I translate is directly, Taking care the other people.
I  write one episode.

I am working at Japanese restaurant now. (I am working as waiter)
I faced the scene that is the typical of Kikubari.
In Japan, nomally we pay at the casher after eating at restaurant.
Today, my boss got angry to me because I don't practice Japanese Kikubari.
The story is below.

One old woman came to the casher to pay. But she did not have the slip.
She forgot it at the table.
My boss was going to checkout and noticed  that she forgot the slip at the table.
And he asked to me which  table she have had the lunch. I could not answer quickly
because I did not care about which table she was eating.
After the old woman finished the cashing, my boss said to me,
'' If the customer is young people, we can ask them to take the slip at their table.
But if the customer is old people, he can not ask him or her to get back to the table
in order  to take the slip (that mean it is hard for old people to move around)
That is Kikubari''

In Japan, we always take care of the other person in our daily life. Maybe it is one of the
big different aspects of Western culture.
It is very important ability of one person.

I have to learn Kikubari more. If I find any good Kikubari in my daily life,
I will introduce about it on this blog.


 

No comments: