Sunday, October 7, 2012

Japanese lifestyle ~1~ The cha-bashira in the green tea


   Today, I'm going to write about cha-bashira. You may know that Japanese people drink green tea.
Green tea is known as healthy  beverage. It has a lot of vitamin C in it.We say green tea prevent
a person from cathcing a cold. 
   Can you see a  stam of tea in the picture above? It is standing in the tea. We call it ''cha-bashira''.
Cha means tea. Bashira means a column.
  When you pour  the green tea, the stam of green tea stands in the green tea. But It is quite rare case.
Japanese people say you are ''so lucky'' if the stam of green tea stands in your green tea.
  I have never had such green tea in my life.(I am 33 years old.)
You may already know about green tea, but I guess you don't know about this. So I introduced this.

1 comment:

xMeimi said...

I never knew this.
Thank you!
Maybe I will drink more green tea instead of coffee.