Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Japanese food ~1 ~ sweets ''Senbei''

These pack are Japanese sweets, called ''Senbei''
All Japanese people know these stuff. But I'm not sure if everybody likes these stuff.
I wrote ''sweets''. But these usually doesn't taste sweet. It tases salty.
So I don't know if I should translate these kinds of stuff ''sweets''.
Senbei is made from rice. And it is very tough stuff. So you should not eat
if your teeth is bad.
Japanese people sometimes eat senbei after eating.
The Senbei above have each tasete.
(from the left)
brack pepper,  Ebi(shrimp),  Korean laver, black sesame.
I am not sure if you eat salty confectionery after eating in your culture.

If you come to Japan, try it!  You can eat at the shop anywhere.

1 comment:

xMeimi said...

A good word to use for this is "snack."
I think senbei may be like chips or pretzels because they are salty and not a meal.
Just a snack.